Bland Garvey – Business Operations and COVID-19
2020 – 03/24
Bland Garvey is considered an essential business during shelter-in-place and continues to be open for business, but closed to visitors. We continue to follow the procedures below.
2020 – 03/18
We are writing to let you know what actions Bland Garvey is taking in response to COVID-19 and how it may impact working with our clients. Our office is currently open during normal business hours. As a response to federal, state and local recommendations, we are taking steps to ensure the safety and health of our employees, families, clients and friends.
As of March 18, 2020, and until further notice, we are taking the following precautionary steps:
- We are no longer accepting visitors in our office for in-person meetings.
- We are not sending employees to meet with clients in their offices, homes or other remote locations for in-person meetings.
- All client meetings will be held via telephone, GoToMeeting or Zoom.
- You are welcome to drop off information at our office.
- Quarantine of Client Data: The latest studies indicate that the virus can be viable on cardboard (paper) for as long as 24 hours. As a result, all client data received by Bland Garvey will be quarantined for two days. Unfortunately, this will cause a delay in the start time of some projects.
- We encourage all clients to send us information electronically.
- Scanned data can be sent to members of the firm by using the “Send Me Files Securely” link in their email signatures or via our Client Portal.
- Please do not take photos of sensitive data and text to us.
- COVID-19 has caused unexpected interruptions to businesses and families, as a result we are expecting to file more extensions than in the past. Please send your information as soon as possible.
- Many of our staff will be working remotely.
- For many years we have had systems in place to allow for remote work.
- Our business phone and fax systems work as normal even if someone is remote.
Tax filing and Payment Requirements:
A separate communication will be sent out regarding changes in the tax filing and payment requirements.
If you have any questions about how these changes may impact you, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or e-mail.
Bland Garvey | P (972)231-2503 | F (972)783-6501 | firstname.lastname@example.org